Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Morning Coffee, Sunrises and Small Friends

I wake up very early in the morning. My strong coffee has already been made by our "timed" coffee machine (LOVE that little appliance!). Then I settle onto the back porch to wait for the sunrise and to feed my little feathered friends.




Here they sit waiting and watching for me to fling out the seeds...these are just the sparrows. The doves follow soon after. I can recognize several by their personalities, or their feather arrangement. They're so interesting to watch; sometimes funny, sometimes bullying, sometimes squabbling. Like a little soap opera, "All My Feathers" !

Hope your day gives you all you need...cherish yourself.


2 comments:

Carole Burant said...

Hello Elizabeth:-) Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment so that I can return the visit!! Love your name...it's my mom's name too!! Everyone calls her Betty for short:-) Early mornings are my favourite time of the day as well...when it's just me, my coffee and the birds! lol xox

Lena said...

What a glorious sky!
I love the soap opera analogy...LOL!
I too, thank you for droppin' by Merryville, and taking time to share your kind thoughts.
Best wishes!