Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Melting away...


"The Persistence of Memory" by Salvador Dali. I place it here as a signal of the last days of 2008, soon to be memory. This was an intense roller coaster ride of a year for me and my family and I know that other blogger friends have experienced it too; stomach churning dips and corkscrew turns. I really wouldn't have bought a ticket to this ride if I'd known what it was going to be like...and yet, and yet, I am truly awed by this mystery called Living. I draw a breath, my heart beats, the next moment awaits....I fear a bit what it holds, but then remember what joy can be there, too. That is the beauty of memory, fill the mind with the thoughts of happiness shared, loved ones close, laughter and silliness abounding. No matter the stress, that time was real.
May we all have the strength, courage, love and laughter to forge into 2009. I'm standing in line for Thunder Mountain at Disneyland, another roller-coaster of a ride! Let's go and lift up our arms!!

3 comments:

Jinx Garza said...

What a beautifully inspirational message!

Mickle in NZ said...

I hope 2009 is a much smoother year for you, and full of wellness.

Huggles and care, xxx

Anonymous said...

ELIZABETH ANN,
BEAUTIFUL MESSAGE-I WILL ADD YOU TO MY PRAYER LIST. LAUGHTER IS 95% OF STAYING WELL. MY DAUGHTER BATTLLED CANCER THIS YEAR...I'LL SHARE THE STORY SOME TIME.
I WOULD LOVE IT IF YOU STOPPED BY MY HUMBLE BLOG...I AM NEW TO BLOGGING.
I WILL STOP BY OFTEN
HUGS
debbie