Sunday, January 18, 2009

Truth in Advertising??


I'm so confused! I move to Mississippi and find that AriZona (where I lived for about 40 years) can manufacture genuine (Real Brewed, it says) Sweet Tea, which I KNOW is a beloved product of the South. Then I look to see where it IS produced and find a web page address, http://www.drinkarizona.com/ . Being of a curious nature I go to the webpage and find out that it is packaged in....New York City!

On the plus side, it is a tasty drink! But it is not as good as my southern mother-in-law can brew, of course.

Anybody out there who loves Sweet Tea?

4 comments:

Sandra said...

Wow that is weird....I LOVE sweet tea but I honestly wouldn't know one from the other, but I always hear everyone from the South talk about how they have the best Sweet Tea. :)

Carole Burant said...

Is that like Ice Tea that's sweetened? If so, then I love it!! In restaurants here, when I order Ice Tea, they automatically give you the sweet kind. I'll never forget the first time I went to the States and ordered Ice Tea...it wasn't sweetened and I didn't care for it at all. I've since learned that in the States, Ice Tea is usually unsweetened! xoxo

Kelly said...

I like Arizona's Green Tea, but I bet it is made in... New York CITY!! too. ALmost sounds like a Pace Picante Sauce commercial... LOL

You should share your Mom-in-law's recipe for making Sweet Tea.. wonder if it is like My Great Grand Mother's version. Her secret was to desolve the sugar in the hot tea before you added the water and ice. Every now and then put a little spring of mint in each glass.
My grandmother said I was the only one that could make sweet ice tea like her mother. One of the best compliments I ever had!!

Mississippi Songbird said...

I make a mean sweet tea brew....
and The McDonalds in Ripley has the best Sweet Tea for just $1..It will last me from lunch until time to go home from work at 5pm every day.. You'll have to try it.. Did you see any snow yesterday? We got a little peppering of snow around here.. Hope you are having a great week.. Bunches of hugs....